Innovative Solutions for a Sustainable Future
Our department features an integrated array of programs spanning the fields of sustainable design and technology. We have developed a reputation for innovative research and sustainable development in the areas of construction and building science, renewable energy, and other sustainable technologies. Our vision is to create "innovative solutions for a sustainable future." Our mission is to advance and apply knowledge within our respective disciplines to address societal needs. We accomplish this mission by:
- Educating and mentoring students to consider multiple points of view, to solve problems creatively, and to make meaningful contributions in their fields.
- Conducting innovative research, design, and creative activities.
- Serving the local and global community through outreach, development, and leadership that improves the world in which we live.
We encourage you to become part of our innovative team! Please spend some time on our site learning more about our programs, our students, and our faculty.
Study Abroad Destinations for Summer 2016
- South Korea/Taiwan - Adventures in Sustainable Energy & Architecture (website) led by Dr. Ok-Youn Yu and Jason Miller, AIA
- Nicaragua/Costa Rica - Awake in the Coffee Fields: Fair Trade and Appropriate Technology (website) led by Dr. Jim Houser and Mr. Ray Sinclair
- Peru - Appropriate Technology and Ecological Design in Peru (website) led by Dr. Jeremy Ferrell and Dr. Lee Ball
- Austria - Austrian Adventures in Renewable Energy, Sustainable Buildings, and Passive House Design (website) led by Dr. Brian Raichle and Jeff Tiller, PE
Recent study abroad opportunities have included trips to Peru, Costa Rica, Nicarauga, Austria, France, Mexico, and South Africa. Please contact Chad Everhart for additional general information about future study abroad trips, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Katherine Harper Hall
Main Office Room 20
397 Rivers Street
Boone, NC 28608