Building solutions. Developing leaders.
Our department features an integrated array of programs spanning the fields of sustainable design and technology. We have developed a reputation for innovative research and sustainable development in the areas of construction and building science, renewable energy, and other sustainable technologies. Our mission is to foster a strong and vibrant culture of inquiry, discovery, and innovation that integrates theory with application, problem seeking with problem solving, local issues with global perspectives, and technological progress with environmental stewardship. More specifically, our department endeavors to:
- Provide exemplary teaching that inspires and challenges students through experiential learning, synergistic curricula, and community engagement.
- Conduct and disseminate scholarly work that focuses on sustainable solutions to important challenges in the design, creation, and management of technological systems.
- Serve as a resource and a catalyst for local and global communities through projects, partnerships, and outreach.
We encourage you to become part of our innovative team! Please spend some time on our site learning more about our programs, our students, and our faculty.
Study Abroad Destinations for Summer 2017
- Nicaragua/Costa Rica - Awake in the Coffee Fields: Fair Trade and Appropriate Technology (website) led by Mr. Ray Sinclair and Jason Miller, AIA
- India - Appropriate Technology in Developing Communities and Sustainable Mountain Development (website) led by Dr. Jeremy Ferrell and Mr. Ian Snider
- Tanzania - Renewable Energy Design and Energy Efficiency in Tanzania (website), led by Drs. Brian Raichle and Jeff Ramsdell
Recent study abroad opportunities have included trips to South Korea, Taiwan, Peru, Austria, France, Mexico, and South Africa. Please contact Brian Raichle for additional general information about future study abroad trips, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Katherine Harper Hall
Main Office Room 20
397 Rivers Street
Boone, NC 28608